Charles Banks Lettings Department is managed and run by Cathy Cooper. Cathy, a well-known face in Barnes, has been working within the Lettings industry for 25 years in both the legal and lettings fields and first worked with the established C Howard King & Partners – With her varied and lengthy experience, Cathy can guide landlords smoothly and efficiently through the lettings process. From the initial market appraisal and finding the right tenant through to a fully managed service, whatever your requirement, Cathy can deal with it comfortably on your behalf.
Whether you have a large Victorian detached house in Barnes Village or a one bedroom apartment in Harrods Village, Cathy prides herself in offering a unique and individual service which will lead to finding you the perfect tenant for your property. Please call Cathy on 020 8878 8400.
Payments for Tenants:
The first instalment of rent must be paid in cleared funds prior to the start of the tenancy. Thereafter, rent is payable by standing order to Charles Banks or to the Landlord as agreed and is to be cleared funds on the due date as stated in the tenancy agreement.
A deposit equivalent to five weeks’ rent will be due prior to the start of the tenancy. These funds are held by the Deposit Protection Service for the duration of the tenancy in accordance with the terms on the tenancy agreement.
Check-in and Check-out Report fees
The landlord will be responsible for the cost of compiling the initial inventory if one is not in place and the cost of the check in and check out report. These charges may vary according to the size of the property.
The tenant will be responsible for paying utilities including council tax, telephone, broadband, gas, water and electricity and TV license during the tenancy unless otherwise stated.
The landlord is responsible for a professional clean at the start of the tenancy and the tenant is responsible for a professional clean at the end of the tenancy and where appropriate, a professional carpet and curtain clean. These charges may vary according to the size of the property. Tenants are under no obligation to use any of our suggested contractors.
Service for Landlords:
- Accurate current rental market appraisals
- Marketing all properties on the major portals
- Long established relationships with Relocation Agents
- Quality corporate or corporate backed tenants
- Long term tenancies 1 – 5 year terms
- Short term tenancies 3 – 6 months
- Detailed qualification of Applicants at registration stage
- Smooth and efficient handling of viewings
- Drafting of tenancy agreements
- Full management service
- Renewals – negotiation and drafting of renewal documents
- Refurbishment advice and project management service
Service for Tenants:
- A ‘no nonsense’ friendly and informative service
- Efficient matching of properties to tenants
- Extensive knowledge of the local area and local schools and restaurants
- Established relationships with longstanding Landlords
- An excellent selection of high quality furnished and unfurnished properties
- Properties available for long or short term rentals
- Flexible viewing times
Rental Fees – Please contact the office on 020 8878 8400 or email email@example.com for our fee structure
Sale to Tenant fees
If the freehold or leasehold of the property is sold to the tenant (or any other person associated with the tenant) during or within 6 months of the end of the tenancy, we will be entitled to a commission equal to 1.25% of the purchase price, which will become due and payable on completion of such sale.